The first few days and weeks for a new tattoo are the most important, so make sure you care for your new tattoo correctly. Below are the healing procedures we recommend. Each individual is different and these recommendations may not be the best for each individual. We recommend following the advice of your tattoo artist, or to seek the advice of a doctor, if deemed necessary.
1. Tattoos will ooze! This is a normal part of the healing process. The bandage is there to keep airborne bacteria and any other contaminants, in the environments, from invading your wound. Leave the bandage in place for approximately 1 to 3 hours.
2. After getting into the shower, WASH YOUR HANDS CLEAN with fragrance free antibacterial liquid soap. DO not peel off the bandage, let the water as hot as possible, rinse off the bandage.
3. Do not scrub your tattoo with a brush or towel. The idea behind the washing is to eliminate any dead cells that may have accumulated on the skin surface.
4. Let your tattoo air dry, 10 minutes, or pat it dry completely. DO NOT RUB IT DRY.
5. After your tattoo is dry, apply HUSTLE BUTTER DELUXE or a very thin layer of BEPANTHEN (found at most pharmacy, supermarket). You do not need to re-bandage the tattoo.
6. Repeat the Washing, drying and application of Hustle butter or Bepanthen steps, 2 to 3 times daily, for the next 2 weeks.
After a few days you may notice some peeling. It is at this point in the healing process that your tattoo will begin to itch. Resist the urge to satisfy your desire to scratch, rub, or pick at the tattoo as this may affect the duality of the healed tattoo.
Do not use any other products, other than the products mentioned above, to allow your tattoo to heal beautifully. Usually a touch up is not necessary, unless the tattooist deem it his/her responsibility, then it is free. Your tattooist will not take responsibility for your aftercare irresponsibility.
Swim or soak in a hot tub or bath for at least 2 weeks.
Use hydrogen peroxide or rubbing alcohol on your tattoo.
Touch, pick, or scratch your tattoo.
Participate in activities that will cause you to sweat. Use any other aftercare product unless recommended.
Stay out of the sun until your tattoo has healed completely.
Apply sunblock to your tattoo after it has healed, whenever it is exposed to the sun, to protect it from damaging ultraviolet rays.
Consult a physician if you experience symptoms such as excessive swelling, redness, yellow or green discharge, or fever.
WHAT TO BUY:
1. Hustle butter deluxe or Bepanthen
2. Fragrance free antibacterial liquid soap.